CASIO A-168W (Module 1572) Digital Watch REVIEW – Is this an upmarket version of the CASIO F-105W?
In the above video review, we look closer at the CASIO A-168W Digital Watch (Module 1572).
We take a look around the CASIO A-168W, see what it is made of, show you some of the features of the CASIO A-168W and then pop it on our wrist and say what it is like to wear.
We also feature the CASIO F-105W and show you why we think that the Casio A-168W is an upmarket version of the F-105W.
CLICK HERE to find out more about how to use the Casio A-168W digital watch
The Casio A-168W Digital Watch Review Summary
Design and Dimensions:
- Case: 35mm wide, 38mm from pusher to pusher, 49mm lug to lug, 10mm depth.
- Materials: Chrome-effect metallic finish on a plastic case. Note: Pre-worn examples may show wear, but it’s part of their charm.
- Inner Lug Width: 18mm.
- Strap: Stainless steel, flares to 22mm, tapers to 15mm. Easy to adjust and comfortable.
- Thickness: 10mm, won’t catch on cuffs. Weight: 49 grams.
- Quality: Good, with occasional minor discomfort.
- Strap Tip: Swap for a resin strap if metal isn’t your thing.
- Back: Stainless steel caseback, easy access for battery replacement.
- Stopwatch: 1/100-second precision, up to an hour.
- Modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times.
- Alarm: Single daily, with an hourly time signal.
- Info: Day, date, time. Automatic 28-day February adjustment.
- Formats: 12-hour, 24-hour (military time in the USA).
- Backlight: Electro-luminescent, excellent for low light.
- Battery: Lasts up to 7 years, powers Quartz Movement (+/- 30 seconds/month).
- Water Resistance: Splash-resistant, avoid full submersion.
- Crystal: Flat acrylic resin, that can scratch. Consider Poly Watch for care.
- Design: Retro aesthetic, clear digital display. Minimal ghosting.
On the Wrist:
- Comfortable fit that doesn’t hinder wrist movement.
- Metal bracelet strap rarely nips arm hairs.
- Classy retro vibe, suitable for suits or casual wear.
- Pros: Striking design, easy to wear, budget-friendly.
- Cons: Splash-resistant, not for swimming.
- Alternative: F-105W with a resin strap.
The Casio A-168W is a budget-friendly metal bracelet watch with a captivating retro aesthetic, a dazzling backlight, and up to 7 years of battery life. A great choice for style and functionality.